Order a Test
Western's Testing Center is here to support faculty and departments by:
- administering and proctoring exams for independent study courses, course challenge examinations, extended time exams, and make-up exams.
- providing distance learning exams for both Western students and students attending other universities.
- providing information on national testing programs.
- maintaining records of entrance test scores.
Click on an ETS® Major Field Test option below for more details, or email us to see how we can help with your examination needs.
ETS® Major Field Tests
The Testing Center will administer a two-hour ETS® Major Field Tests for your department. The cost for the service will be $25 per test payable by the student or department, depending on each department’s preference, in addition to the $20 proctor fee.
The ETS® Major Field Tests cover the following fields of study:
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- Literature in English
- Political Science
We purchase the ETS® Major tests ahead of time; therefore, you will need to order the test through the Testing Center. Please contact TestingCenter@wwu.edu to place test orders.
With the instructor’s permission, students who are unable to take scheduled classroom exams due to sudden illness, family emergency, approved religious holidays, scheduling conflicts, etc. may have their exam proctored at the Testing Center.
Please note, if a student has a documented disability, he/she/they may receive testing services through the Disability Access Center.
Setting up your Make-up Exam
- Contact the instructor to get permission. The instructor must complete an e-form and send the exam to the Testing Center before students can schedule a make-up test date and time.
- Please contact your instructor to inquire about their submission of the e-form to the testing center.
- Once the e-form and exam are submitted by the instructor, the student is required to call the Testing Center at (360) 650-3080 and schedule their make-up exam.
- The student must pay $20 per test, payable online (Debit, Visa or MasterCard).
Note: As per new change in State laws, religious accommodations for students allow special make-up exams to be scheduled free of charge, only for approved religious holidays delineated on the Washington State Religious Observance Calendar.
- Inform student of make-up test option. Instructor’s permission is required for the Testing Center to proctor an exam.
- Complete the make-up exam e-form and attach the test to be taken or email it separately to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure to note if this is a special make-up exam for approved religious holidays as delineated on the Washington State Religious Observance Calendar.
- Students cannot schedule their make-up test date without instructor completion of the previous step. Instructors may make a note in the e-form with the preferred dates the student must complete the test by.
- Remind the student to call the Testing Center and schedule their make-up test date.
After the Make-up Exam
Once the student has completed their make-up exam at the Testing Center, we will send the exam to the instructor for grading.